Saturday, September 11, 2010

Grains,Seeds,Legumes,and Starches we CAN eat instead of wheat

Alot of times i find myself focusing on what I cannot eat oppose to what I can. There are alot of other grains and substitutes out there if you are willing to experiment and try new things.
  • Beans (I have been eating alot of different kinds lately and experimenting. Great source of protein!)
  • All Legumes
  • Flax (Very healthy and has lots of fiber)
  • Corn
  • Potatoes (I love sweet potatoes especially)
  • Rice (There are many different kinds of rice, I love brown rice and it is very good for you. You can even buy the instant kind. i have been eating some great bean and rice burgers. Also you can use rice flour for alot of things. I make these really simple rice tortillas.)
  • Sorghum
  • Tapioca
  • Millet
  • Quinoa (Very good and great for you...has alot of protein and it cooks just like rice.)
  • Montina
  • Mesquite
  • Buckwheat ( Yes it is Gluten-Free)
  • Amaranth
  • Arrowroot
  • Teff

No comments:

Post a Comment